Just in time for DockerCon EU: a shipload of new Docker ARM goodiesSun, Nov 15, 2015
Hard on the heels of Docker announcing major changes with Docker 1.9 we are making the newest Docker goodies available on HypriotOS. We are really happy that we were able to finish our new release called “Hector” just in time for DockerCon EU.
If you like a personal demo of what’s in store for “Hector” just ping @Quintus23M on Twitter and meet him in person at DockerCon EU. Dieter and Andreas brought their treasure chest filled with Raspberry Pi’s to Barcelona and are eager to show off a bit.
And if you are not lucky enough to attend DockerCon you might as well read on.
HypriotOS - the ultimate Docker playground for your Raspberry Pi 1 & 2 has you covered once again: all the cool & latest Docker tools in one convenient package.
Compared with HypriotOS “Will” we updated
- the Linux Kernel from 4.1.8 to 4.1.12
- the Docker Engine from 1.8.2 to 1.9.0
- Docker Compose from 1.4.2 to 1.5.1
- Docker Swarm from 0.4.0 to 1.0.0
Besides that we enabled some missing cgroup kernel settings for better Docker support.
We also added a default
/boot/config.txt, which for instance allows for a better out-of-the-box HDMI display experience (
There is no easier way to get started with Docker on ARM. Just give it a try: Download our latest image (hypriot-rpi-20151115-132854.img.zip) and get started in less than 5 minutes.
Detailed Features of HypriotOS “Hector”
- a modern operating system based on Raspbian Jessie
- a recent Raspberry Pi firmware and Device Tree to support a huge range of hardware add-ons
- a kernel optimized for Docker-awesomeness: Kernel 4.1.12 with support for OverlayFS
- support for Raspberry Pi 1 & 2 with the same SD card image
- Docker Engine 1.9.0
- Docker Compose 1.5.1
- Docker Machine 0.4.1
- Docker Swarm 1.0.0
- support for network hotplugging
- out-of-the-box support for WiFi
- support for Avahi (aka mDNS aka Apple Bonjour)
- support for Open vSwitch
- our own package repository to easily update individual components
Download: Get it while it is still hot
hypriot-rpi-20151115-132854.img.zip (hypriot-rpi-20151115-132854.img.zip) (~ 438 MB)
Check out our Getting-Started-Guide on how to get this SD card image running on your Raspberry Pi.
As always, use the comments below to give us feedback and share this post on Twitter, Google+ or Facebook.
Your Hypriot-Team - Stefan, Dieter, Mathias, Andreas, Govindacomments powered by Disqus